Thursday 4 March 2010

As Fr. Liberal "left", the new Priest has moved "right" in!

Thank You! To "Reflections of a Catholic Critical Thinker" for being my 5th follower!

Now, my dear readers, you probably remember me posting about Fr. Liberal before? Well, if you haven't ... just look at my previous posts ... I can't locate the link, but anyhow.

Ever the new priest has been there, I have been there a few more times recently, to see how he is doing. These are the things I have noticed


  • When Fr. Liberal was there, at Lent, he would remove all the holy water. This Lent, there is more holy water in the church than there ever has been before!!
  • The Rosary Chapel has been taken care of more than what it was when Fr. L was there.
  • Our Lord is reverenced more.
  • He does confession whenever, even when he is most busy. Fr. L barely ever did confession, and when children would make their first confession, he would get his sister (not a nun) to "help him". He would also do it behind the altar. This new priest, does private confession and barely ever makes use of the "Reconciliation Room" that a former liberal had installed.
  • He is more friendly, and always wears his clerical collar, except for this one instance (when I believed he was sick, I could be wrong).
  • He is very, very pious (as all people, not only priests should be).

This new priest says the vernacular (Novus Ordo), but I much rather the TLM. Besides that though, he is very orthodox. I also checked their bulletin. Their collection has gone up!! I will soon post it.

Oh yes, and please forgive me for not posting yesterday. I was with my Grand Father again, he is not getting any better, I am afraid. Please pray for him!

No comments: