Sunday 10 January 2010

Poor old Brentwood Cathedral!



Brentwood Cathedral is one of the very very orthodox Catholic cathedrals in England ... but it looks like there may be a little bit of a liberal influence among them! Oh no! It must be a visiting priest, or may, maybe a not-so-new, new vicar? Well, here it goes.... I was looking at their website, because I was stunned at the Beauty of ther Boys' Choir ..... so I wanted to find out more. Well I went there, and then found this little tidbit:

It says "On the second Sunday of the Month the 9:30 am Mass is a Children's Mass wit readings and music designed specifically for children". Oh good god! Why do we need a specific Mass for children? The Mass is a SACRIFICE! Not a concert, or a tele show, or a game. I can tell you one thing. If you took a child into a TLM, they would be amazed at the reverence, and the Music and the language! They would certainly be quiet. From my point-of-view, from where I live .... I am thinking that a childrens mass would go like this (not all the parts though)

Jesus is With You!
Children: And he is with you too sir.

The reading:
The story of Jesus!
Children: Woohoo!
When Jesus was a little boy, he used to go work with his daddy, and make tons of stuff, Cool eh? Kids? Wouldn't you like to be like your daddy?.........and he blathers on.

Homily:
Come up here little Tommy. Do you like the Teletubbies? I doo too. I always watch it. Lets take Po for example. Po, is like Jesus. He is mighty ...... blah blah blah.
,
At the consecration...

Let us all sit now for the consecration, which means that I will make this peace of bread turn into Jesus!
Children: Wow, Okay. Lets start!

Hymn selection
This would probably be:
Yay Jesus!
Jesus is my Butterfly
Happy Birthday Jesus (Christmas)
etc.

As you can see, these poor children would be freightened to death, then tey would never, ever want to go to mass. Now, I may be wrong and the Children's mass may be revernt, but from what I have seen a children's masses (though I haven't been to one), they are not Mass, it is a mess.

Anyways, If you are ever in England, which I am not .... but hopefully I will sometime to see these cathedrals, go to Westminster Cathedral, and Brentwood Cathedral. Their boys' Choirs are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

No comments: