Saturday 2 January 2010

Cathedrals of the World, Part 4.


Okay. Today for the fourth segment of the Cathedrals of the World, I will do Reims Cathedral in France. In this cathedral, kings and queen of France were coronated in it.



First, I will do the windows. Before I start, you know, the windows in this cathedral are very nice, but unfortunately some have been replaced with -- with modern art.This is one of the windows with modern art. Ugh, how I long for the days when there was none.




Now, one of the beautiful windows in the Cathedral. Just look at the stammering colours, and the beautiful images.

And, another one of the beautiful windows!

Before I move onto the interior, although I am oh-so critical of modern art, let us not forget that this is a sacred place. But, let us also not forget that the House of God must ever so beautiful!


This is sort-of in the middle of the cathedral. With some of its beautiful "jar" and normal statues.


The view from the back.



Now, the exterior.

This is the beautiful outside, during the sunset!




1 comment:

stenote said...

Very interesting blog, it reminds me of the Duomo in Florence, designed by Arnolfo di Cambio with the dome by Filippo Brunelleschi. The bell tower was designed by Giotto. I tried to write a blog about it, hope you also like it: http://stenote.blogspot.com/2018/01/florence-at-piazza-del-duomo.html