Friday 7 May 2010

The Book Review, Part 1.

I read the Aquinas Catechism. I did have a hard time finding it, but when I saw Sophia Press had it, I asked to review it. It is the best explanation of the Apostles Creed, Our Father, and the Hail Mary that I have read so far - and believe me, I've read alot! There is no need to tell you the author, it's obvious. It was written by one of the churches greatest Theologians, St. Thomas Aquinas! The review is in two or three parts, because it's long. I don't want to dump too much on you, too fast!

When I received the book in the mail, it was perfect. No bumps, scratches, and the pages were crisp. It has a beautiful cover, with Our Lord with the Flag of Victory printed on the cover.

It is ever-so-easy to read, with a clear font. The text is in the middle of the page, so that makes it spacious.
Sophia Press printed it with great love!

The way it explained the 3 prayers was magnificent! It take each sentence of the prayer and explain it. It explains the errors and heresies that certain people like the Arians believed, about what the prayer said. (You may want to re-read the sentence, I couldn't really explain it).

Part 2 tomorrow. I am being careful, because for a strange reason, I am having trouble wording it correctly. I come to a way, then realize that's not what I meant to say!

God Bless.

No comments: