Monday 28 December 2009

Cathedrals of the World, Part 1

More than likely, you have heard about the Sagrada Familia, in Barcelona. This is a very beautiful church. It only has one fault, and that is it's ugly windows. Not the shape of the windows, or the position, it's just whats on them is the problem. On the windows, there are no pictures, it's just a collade of random shapes and colours and lines -- all gone amess! I have made it clear .... I do Not like Modern Art at ALL.

Okay, look at this one. What is the significance of it?

This one too. It's just random blobs and squares and shapes that you never learned about in school, with different shades of Green, Blue, Brown, Black and Red.



Sorry for the big size of this one. I must point out, that these windows have stuff written in the little circles. I can't make out what they say... but If you can, just post them in the comments.

Now, on this one it is just the same of one of the above, I think. There is no significance.

Now I will focus on the Building itself.


It's majestic spires point up toward the sky. It is very beautiful from the outside, isn't it? You can see that this is very, very old! Yes, it was started in around 1882, and is not expected to be finished until 2026!

This is the inside, with on of its good windows. They are just clear glass. Much better than the modern art.

That is it. I found these pictures on Google, so I apologize if I did use your pictures! This is the new segment I am doing, called "Cathedrals of the world." Next, I am going to do Chartres Cathedral, in France.

No comments: