Saturday 27 February 2010

Guess who just came to my door?

Guess who just came to my door...it's obvious, and the answer is the Jehovah's Witness. They leave their "tracts" at my door all the time. They talk on and on about how only JW's will get into heaven, and they blabber on about their heretical sect. Well .... this is how I handle their magazine when they leave it at my door....
  1. DO NOT TOUCH THE MAGAZINE, it is full of germs and stuff.
  2. GET THE TONGS, or some other type of picker-upper.
  3. BE AS ROUGH AS YOU CAN BE WITH IT, make sure you tear it and, do not treat it with care.
  4. THROW IT AS HARD AS YOU CAN IN THE GARBAGE. engough said.

They have been down my way alot recently ..... they have converted nobody, thanks be to God. One time they started talking about how Pope John Paul II was an idolatrist.

Booooooooooooooooohoo.

2 comments:

RAnn said...

Welcome to St. Blogs. I'd like to invite you to participate in Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival. We are a group of bloggers who gather weekly to share our best posts with each other. You can read this week's host post at http://rannthisthat.blogspot.com/2010/02/sunday-snippets-catholic-carnival_27.html

Mike Shea said...

I used to shoo these folks away too until a few years ago when a JW and his roughly 12 year-old son showed up at my door. Very early into what I was sure would be a short conversation the father let on that they used to be Catholics. That got my attention.

I was curious about why he had left the Church - and I told him as much - but I also had company and couldn't pursue it just then.

He promised to come back and so I thought I had better learn something about the JWs before he did. I found a bunch of stuff online, but perhaps the best 'starter' collection of material was here.

This particular JW never did come back but many others have shown up since. I'm not afraid to take them on now and I know I've made at least a couple of them probe a bit more deeply into JW history and beliefs.

Always be prepared to make a defense to any one who calls you to account for the hope that is in you, yet do it with gentleness and reverence. (1 Peter 3:15)