Tuesday 24 May 2011

Never was it known, that anyone who implored thy help ...

Or sought thine intercession was left unaided.
May is the Month of Mary!
This is one of my favourite pictures of Our Lady of Peace! This was painted by Evelyn de Morgan.
Holy Mary, Mother of God! Pray for us!

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.
Amen.

We fly to thy patronage,
O holy Mother of God;
despise not our petitions in our necessities,
but deliver us always from all dangers,
O glorious and blessed Virgin. Amen.




No comments: