Tuesday 14 August 2012

Leibster Blog Awards

The great Pearl of Tyburn over at "Longbows and Rosary Beads", that great blog, has nominated me for the Leibster Blog Awards.

As a result of her gracious charity in doing so, and I remain unable express my gratefulness in words, it is my obligation to answer a short list of questions.

1. What was your favorite childhood toy?
My favourite childhood toy was a toy dog my grandmother gave me that I named "Benny". That dog went everywhere with me for a solid five years, and I'd cry when I lost the poor thing, and no doubt he cried too.

2. What is your favorite domesticated animal?
Beagles are my favourite, though I suppose you could say dogs as a whole but in particular I like beagles. They're affectionate, immensely loyal, and good hunters. The next in line would be a German Shepherds and Irish Setters.

3. Who is your favorite fictional/legendary character, and why?
Conaran from the fairy tale "The Enchanted Cave of Cesh Corran" but noone knows that, so Oliver Twist...because he's sly and the story is just heart breaking.

4. Who is your favorite historical character, and why?
Definitely it would have to be Katherine, the one and only TRUE wife of Henry VII. I like her because of her steadfast faith through the difficult times she was put through, along with her loyalty to her husband....but not before her loyalty to God.

5. Who is your favorite saint/Bibilical character, and why?
I can't choose a favourite saint, I have too many. The Blessed Virgin of course, but then there's St Patrick, St John, etc...but my favourite Biblical character is Jonah. Jonah, because that's the first story I remember being read as a child and I always thought that a whale swallowing a man was so "awesome", that if I ever got in trouble, I'd want that to be my punishment.

6. What is your favorite type of music/musical group?
Everyone knows that, it's Libera and the Westminster Cathedral Choir, along with the King's College Choir and the New College Choir, as well the Palestrina Choir. Along with those, the Dubliners, Ryan's Fancy, and the Corries' depending on the song.

7. What is your favorite quote?
My favourite quote is "Most men seem to live according to sense rather than reason" by St Thomas Aquinas

 8. What are your favorite meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert)?
Breakfast: Porridge, with just water and brown sugar
Dinner: Usually biscuits, or some cake, or an apple or some fruit ALWAYS with tea. Nothing heavy.
Supper: I love, love, love, love, love fish and chips.
Dessert: Chocolate and peanut butter, or peanut butter and chocolate. In any shape or form.

9. What is your favorite flower/plant?
My favourite flower is the Forget me Not.

10. When was a time you felt particularly inspired by something?
YES! When I saw people were gibing out prayer cards when I was younger, I tried to make my own. But I'm not a talented artist so I gave up and was contented to settle with the beautiful artwork of others.

11. What are some of the causes you feel are worth fighting for?
The fight against death, to fight for life. Our fight against the Devil, so that truth will prevail in the world and that all will be led to Our Lord.
Banning ballpoint pens EVERYWHERE, and making the SIGHT of those things illegal. Everyone will use fountain pens or crayons. One or the other, that's it, just short of world domination. Except for artists, they can use what they please.
I read it over and I noticed that I'm....very fickle. I can never choose just ONE answer. Isn't that strange? Is that a sign of something? Should I see a doctor? Maybe I should see a doctor.

No comments: