Wednesday 22 February 2012

Ash Wednesday.

Well the penitential season of Lent has finally arrived. We are now in 40 days of preparation for the coming of Our Lord and Saviour, for his Resurrection, and so, we are also doing 20 days of penance.

What have you decided to give up and take up? I myself am going to start to practise non-drastic corporal mortification, along with giving up chocolate, butter, salt, raisins, and nuts (an addiction). I'll let you know of my progress.

I'd like to do a proper fast, give up meat and eggs for ALL Lent rather than Ash Wednesday (today)  and Fridays, however, for health reasons I can't.

Today, I beg you to go to Mass. It's an obligation, and you have to get your Ashes. Even if you have to sit through a Lenten squaredance, or maybe Fr Fluffy from St Muppets Theatre church is here for a visit. Go, receive Our Lord, and ashes.


No comments: