Monday 13 December 2010

The Holiday Season

It must truly be a crime for me to say it...you know what I mean. IT. This time of year, it happens on the 25th of December...here I go...CHRISTMAS. It isn't that hard to say you know. I shall offend a few people here, I know it, and it wouldn't be the first time, nor the second, nor the 10001st. On December 25th, we celebrate CHRISTMAS. Is the word really that scary? When somebody says to me "Happy Holidays!" or "Seasons Greetings" I smile right back at them and say "Have a Merry and Blessed Christmas!". Ooh! The look on their politically-correct faces then! How politically incorrect of me...hey? I haven't a reason in my head why it is called the "Holiday" season, when we are celebrating the birth of our dear LORD and Saviour, GOD HIMSELF, Jesus Christ, being born of the holy Blessed Virgin Mary, to save the world. People say "but Christmas these days is more than just about Jesus"...yeah? Like what? Yes, giving and receiving presents is a beautiful and wonderful tradition! To celebrate Christ's birth! What is more important though? That we celebrate CHRISTmas for what it is...and don't forget to buy a present for your favourite hippy Priest! A gender sensitive corn flake Nativity scene!

No comments: