Tuesday 26 October 2010

Think and Know.

There are those who like to attack the church, because they think that we worship statues, they think we worship bread, they think we are unfair, they think we are sexist and "intolerant". There is a difference between what one "thinks" and what one "knows". I don't mean "think" as in "he thought about it", I mean think as in "I think that answer may be...". For example, I know that our holy church is the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church. Every true Catholic knows that. I know that when the holy Priest consecrates the Holy Eucharist, it becomes the Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. I know that Our Lady is ever-virgin and ever-sinless, and that she is the Immaculate Conception. How do I know this? Because the Church has taught it for 2,000 years, and what the church teaches is the truth, and the truth is the truth, the truth can not be changed. Sure, some other ecclesial communities and churches share similar beliefs with us, especially valid Churches with apostolic succession like our Eastern Orthodox brethren, BUT, the fullness of the truth can ONLY be found in the Catholic Church. 

Oremus Pro Pontifice! Ora Pro Nobis Peccatoribus, Sancta Mater, Sancta Maria, Mater Dei!

No comments: